Process Engineer II
Our purpose as a company:
ChemFinity Technologies was created to make a more equitable future by eliminating pollution and circularizing natural resources. We develop molecularly selective materials that help alleviate the most impactful environmental issues related to water purification, critical mineral recovery, and gas separations. A startup spun out of UC Berkeley’s College of Chemistry in 2022, ChemFinity is backed by the Breakthrough Energy Fellows program, USAID, and Conservation X Labs.
What you can expect in your role:
We are looking for a talented Process Engineer to join our team as one of our first employees. You will be responsible for developing, constructing, and testing our device prototypes, for use in applications such as water desalination, adsorption, and membrane separation processes. This role will require you to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you will support and lead multiple roles/responsibilities such as completing lab work, designing experiments, and building and troubleshooting equipment.
- You will be designing and constructing our first small-scale membrane system prototype
- You will be completing performance tests and optimizing the prototype design
- You will be automating the prototype to enable continuous usage for long-term analysis
- You will be supporting in-house material synthesis and characterization efforts when needed
- You will be analyzing data from process experiments and preparing technical reports
Skills we prefer for this role:
You are an outstanding engineer with experience in industrial process design, membrane prototype development, and electrochemistry. You have experience in membrane design with a track record of commercialization being highly desired.
- You have at least a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering, chemistry, or related field with 3+ years of industry experience in prototyping and/or process engineering of membrane systems
- You have hands-on experience in process modeling and electrochemical systems development
- You have a strong understanding of industrial membrane technologies
- You have an unwavering commitment to high safety standards and supportive work behavior
What we expect from you in this role:
You will be one of our first engineers. We expect you to make significant impact in constructing and testing our first small-scale pilot prototype and optimizing further. To accomplish these goals, you will work directly with the co-founders and early research team and have the opportunity to contribute to all parts of our research and development projects.
Why you should join us in this role:
We are a well-funded, small team with high ambitions. We are committed to fostering a culture of collaboration and inclusivity, where every employee's contributions are respected and celebrated. We believe that by working together, we can achieve our shared goal of eliminating environmental pollution by developing new innovative solutions. Our employees are the heart of this company, so we are dedicated to offering comprehensive compensation packages.
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible paid time off and holidays
- Health/fitness stipend
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. ChemFinity embraces diversity as a core value. We especially encourage candidates from minority and disadvantaged groups to apply, along with those with diverse experiences, ages, talents, ideas, and other characteristics.