Senior Process Engineer
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2022
Dioxycle is pioneering breakthrough carbon utilization technologies that convert industrial emissions into sustainable chemicals with unprecedented energy and cost efficiency. By displacing fossil fuels for the production of key chemicals, Dioxycle has the potential to ultimately reduce over 800 million tons of CO2 per year, representing over 2% of the world's emissions.
Our team is innovating across chemical, mechanical and system engineering to turn carbon transformation into an economically feasible, industrial reality by developing a completely novel technological approach. Having completed our medium-scale Proof-of-Concept electrolyzer, we are now working towards a first-of-its-kind large-scale industrial prototype and are assembling key partnerships for future commercial roll-out.
We are supported by world-class funders including Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Gigascale Capital and have raised $26M to date. We operate from two R&D centers in Europe and California.
Joining us now is an opportunity to play a fundamental role in the scale up of our transformative technology by working closely with our international founding team. If you are motivated by solving hard problems, meaningfully addressing climate change, and want to join the fastest growing industry of our generation, then this role may be for you!
Dioxycle is hiring for a Senior Process Engineer be in charge of the process dimensioning and the on-site integration of our products and prototypes while addressing one of the most important challenges of our lifetime.
As a Senior Process Engineer at Dioxycle, you will be in charge of the process dimensioning and the on-site integration of our products and prototypes. As such, you will:
- Be the technical lead for Dioxycle CO2 conversion process definition and optimization, in particular its interfacing with upstream technology blocks (CO2 capture and purification) as well as with downstream valorization routes
- Be in charge of the dimensioning of CO2 capture and purification requirements (based on commercial technologies) and the product separation and purification
- Bring new innovative solutions for process integration optimization (lost heat valorization, recirculation, feedstocks recycling) and inform system design for the mechanical engineering team
- Benchmark and participate to the selection of suppliers and contractors (Scheme : Make or Buy, list of specs, consultations and qualifications)
- Take responsibility for the product safety and its compliance with norms for on-site integration
- Ensure customer feedback integration for future product/project development
We are looking for a pragmatic, hands-on, and experienced Senior Process Engineer willing to save the planet with us. Below are the skills we believe will enable you to be successful in this role.
Skillset we are looking for
- Expertise in methods and tools for process engineering
- Experience in industrial projects related to large-scale electrolysis and or carbon capture, storage or utilization
- Strong general technical background (mechanical & civil engineering, metallurgy, piping, electricity, instrumentation, process engineering) with focus on safety, reliability, efficiency and feasibility
- High proficiency in P&ID (Piping & instrument Diagram) reading and interpretation
- Network in the engineering ecosystem
- Experience in PoC development, scale-up
- Experience in electrolysis scale up is a huge plus
- English is our daily work language.
Mindset we are looking for
- Commitment to the mission and ambition
- Irreproachable work ethic
- Innovative spirit and problem-solving attitude
- Anticipation capabilities
- Safety and security awareness
- Radical open-mindedness: no ego. Ideas first.
What we have to offer
- Unique journey: We are an early-stage company with a world-class team and a flat structure.
- Impact: We are building a product that will have a real impact on the environment, and we hate bullsh*t.
- People-first: We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We are no-ego doers and we are all responsible for shaping the company.
- International team: We are an international team made up of various nationalities including American, English, French, Swiss, and hopefully many more soon!
- Fun: We constantly strive to cultivate a great work atmosphere and organize regular team events.
- Highly competitive salary packages
- Generous Employee Stock Ownership plans
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plans: 401(k) (if US based), pension, or other retirement savings plans.
- Ergonomic work stations & state-of-the-art equipment
- A 30-minute video call with one of our team members to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- A 40-minute video call with a presentation of your career, followed by technical questions from our team
- A final in-person technical and general interview to meet the entire team
- A series of reference calls with provided contacts
If you do not meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Diversity and Inclusion
We are looking for people of diverse backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, creativity, and fun!