VP of Electrolysis Stack Manufacturing (US)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Dioxycle is transforming carbon dioxide from a waste into a valuable resource. Established in 2021, Dioxycle builds high-performance carbon capture and electrolysis technologies that convert carbon dioxide (CO2) into the world’s most widely used renewable feedstocks, fuels, and commodity chemicals.
These outputs aim to provide cost effective and scalable alternatives to fossil fuel derived chemicals, while also abating emissions from the hardest-to-decarbonize sectors like shipping, aviation, and chemical manufacturing. Dioxycle’s technology has the potential to eliminate gigatons of CO2 emissions, and be a critical component of humanity’s climate solution.
Dioxycle was awarded the i-Lab program award in 2020, and in 2021 was the only European company to receive the Breakthrough Energy Fellows program award, a program launched by Bill Gates. We are a well-funded start-ups, backed by top-tier investors like Lowercarbon Capital.
Dioxycle is hiring a VP of Stack Manufacturing who will report directly to our two co-founders (CEO and CTO) and have end-to-end responsibility on the industrialization of our electrolyzer stack.
In particular, your missions will involve:
- Establishing our long-term manufacturing roadmap to lead towards our commercial deployment
- Defining design constraints for our team of stack engineers based on system requirements
- Identifying, engaging and establishing new contracts with potential manufacturing partners for our stack
- Defining and setting-up stack production lines
- Leading the manufacturing planning and the relationships with our suppliers
- Establishing new processes for quality control, testing and traceability
- Leading and building the manufacturing team as we grow
We are looking for a pragmatic and experienced VP of Stack Manufacturing willing to save the planet with us. Below are the skills we believe will enable you to be successful in this role.
Skillset we are looking for
- 20+ years of experience in both design / operation and manufacturing
- Experience scaling electrolysis technology (e.g. chlor-alkali, alkaline or PEM electrolyisis)
- Experience sourcing, negotiating and establishing contracts with third-party manufacturers
- Experience setting-up new production lines, particularly in controlled environment / cleanrooms
- Experience managing quality control and testing processes
- Familiarity with MEAs (Membrane Electrode Assembly) production and impact on stack manufacturing
- Strong leadership, management, and team building skills
- Experience dealing with international and diverse teams
- Passion for scaling climate solutions, commitment to take action, and strong work ethic
- English is our daily work language
Mindset we are looking for
- Commitment to the mission and ambition
- Irreproachable work ethic
- Innovative spirit and problem-solving attitude
- Anticipation capabilities
- Safety and security awareness
- Radical open-mindedness: no ego. Ideas first
What we have to offer
- Unique journey: We are an early-stage company with a world-class team and a flat structure.
- Impact: We are building a product that will have a real impact on the environment, and we hate bullsh*t.
- People-first: We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We are no-ego doers and we are all responsible for shaping the company.
- International team: We are an international team made up of various nationalities including American, English, French, Swiss, and hopefully many more soon!
- Fun: We constantly strive to cultivate a great work atmosphere and organize regular team events.
- Fair and competitive salary packages
- Generous Employee Stock Ownership plans
- State-of-the-art research tools and computational equipment
- A shortlist of candidates will be contacted.
- An initial video call with one of our team members to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- One or two interviews with a presentation of your career, followed by technical questions from our team
- A final in-person technical and general interview to meet the entire team
- A series of reference calls with provided contacts
If you do not meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Diversity and Inclusion
We are looking for people of diverse backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, creativity, and fun!
See more open positions at Dioxycle
Something looks off?