DevOps Engineer / Ingénieur DevOps
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Are you a fast mover looking to join a team of supportive teammates who are genuinely passionate about helping to solve climate change? Join our team as our DevOps Engineer!
Dioxycle is transforming carbon dioxide from a waste into a valuable resource. Established in 2021, Dioxycle builds high-performance carbon capture and electrolysis technologies that convert carbon dioxide (CO2) into the world’s most widely used renewable feedstocks, fuels, and commodity chemicals.
These outputs not only aim to provide cost effective and scalable alternatives to fossil fuel derived chemicals, while also abating emissions from the hardest-to-decarbonize sectors like shipping, aviation, and chemical manufacturing. Dioxycle’s technology has the potential to eliminate gigatons of CO2 emissions, and be a critical component of humanity’s climate solution.
Dioxycle was awarded the i-Lab program award in 2020, and in 2021 was the only European company to receive the Breakthrough Energy Fellows program award, a program launched by Bill Gates.
Dioxycle is hiring for a DevOps Engineer who will participate in the development of our CO2 electrolysis systems both at the lab and industrial scales, while addressing one of the most important challenges of our lifetime.
As a DevOps Engineer at Dioxycle, you will have a key role in the development of the software used to control our electrolyzers for research and production applications. In addition to this, you will actively contribute to the development of different interfaces to store and analyze the data collected during experiments. You will be working with two members of the System team who currently develop this software.
This role requires an expertise in continuous integration and continuous deployment, and in system architecture and provisioning (in particular in AWS and Azure Directory). Fast learning and adaptation to new programming langages, familiarity with code reviews and source control are also required abilities. A general set of skills in IT and informatics will also be appreciated.
- Deploy Dioxycle’s application on cloud services, with integration of different services, both locally and on the cloud.
- Add new functionalities to the application using full-stack development to participate both in the research & development effort, and the distribution of prototypes to industrial clients.
- Organize a CI/CD process for the application development
- Participate in the IT architecture organization and maintenance
- Experience with Linux, containerization, scripting, and application monitoring technologies
We are looking for a pragmatic, hands-on DevOps Engineer willing to save the planet with us. Below are some skills we believe will enable you to be successful in this role. Candidates would ideally have a two years experience in DevOps engineering.
Example of skills we are looking for
- 2+ years experience in DevOps engineering
- Experience with cloud services (AWS and Azure preferentially)
- Ability to quickly get used to a new software environment, and new programming langages
- Ability to deploy an app on the cloud, and maintain it
- Full-stack development, integrated in a CI/CD environment
- Willing to work alongside talented scientists and participate in our global effort to solve CO2 emissions
- Speaking English as it is our daily work language
Mindset we are looking for
- Commitment to the mission and ambition
- Irreproachable work ethic
- Do-it-yourself attitude
- Innovative spirit and problem-solving attitude
- Anticipation capabilities
- Safety and security awareness
- Radical open-mindedness: no ego. Ideas first
What we have to offer
- Unique journey: We are an early-stage company with a world-class team and a flat structure.
- Impact: We are building a product that will have a real impact on the environment, and we hate bullsh*t.
- People-first: We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We are no-ego doers and we are all responsible for shaping the company.
- International team: We are an international team made up of various nationalities including American, English, French, Swiss, and hopefully many more soon!
- Fun: We constantly strive to cultivate a great work atmosphere and organize regular team events.
- Fair and competitive salary packages
- Generous Employee Stock Ownership plans
- State-of-the-art research tools and computational equipment
- A 10-minute online challenge
- A 45-minute video call with a presentation of your career, followed by technical questions from our team
- A 30-minute video call with one of our team members to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- A final in-person technical and general interview to meet the entire team
- A series of reference calls with provided contacts
If you do not meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Diversity and Inclusion
We are looking for people of diverse backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, creativity, and fun!
See more open positions at Dioxycle
Something looks off?