Senior Electrolyzer Stack Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Dioxycle is pioneering breakthrough carbon utilization technologies that convert industrial emissions into sustainable chemicals with unprecedented energy and cost efficiency. By displacing fossil fuels for the production of key chemicals, Dioxycle has the potential to ultimately reduce over 800 million tons of CO2 per year, representing over 2% of the world's emissions.
Our team is innovating across chemical, mechanical and system engineering to turn carbon transformation into an economically feasible, industrial reality by developing a completely novel technological approach. Having completed our medium-scale Proof-of-Concept electrolyzer, we are now working towards a first-of-its-kind large-scale industrial prototype and are assembling key partnerships for future commercial roll-out.
We are supported by world-class funders including Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Gigascale Capital and have raised $26M to date. We operate from two R&D centers in Europe and California.
Joining us now is an opportunity to play a fundamental role in the scale up of our transformative technology by working closely with our international founding team. If you are motivated by solving hard problems, meaningfully addressing climate change, and want to join the fastest growing industry of our generation, then this role may be for you!
Dioxycle is hiring for a Lead Electrolyzer Stack Engineer who in collaboration with our stack team, will be in charge of the end-to-end development of one of our electrolyzer stack products. In particular, your missions will involve:
- designing new electrolyzer stacks using CAD softwares
- Dimensioning components based on theoretical calculations and computational-aided simulations (manifolds, bipolar plates, sealing and compressions systems)
- Co-leading innovative product design
- Leading the manufacturing planning/ordering and relation with suppliers
We are looking for a pragmatic, hands-on, and experienced Lead Electrolyzer Stack Engineer willing to help flight climate change with us by developing a completely novel technology. Below are the skills we believe will enable you to be successful in this role.
Skillset we are looking for
- Extension experience in mechanical design engineering
- Extensive experience in electrolyzer stack design such as from hydrogen electrolysis or chlor-alkali electrolysis
- Strong knowledge of mechanical parts and computer-aided design (CAD)
- Solid theoretical knowledge fluid mechanics, thermal management, solid mechanics (compression, material resistance)
- Ideally knows gas handling/pressure drops and fluid mechanics
- Good knowledge of suppliers for electrolyzer components (such as for bipolar plate manufacturing)
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience in electrolyzer mechanical design
- English is our daily work language.
Mindset we are looking for
- Commitment to the mission and ambition
- Irreproachable work ethic
- Innovative spirit and problem-solving attitude
- Anticipation capabilities
- Safety and security awareness
- Radical open-mindedness: no ego. Ideas first
What we have to offer
- Unique journey: We are an early-stage company with a world-class team and a flat structure.
- Impact: We are building a product that will have a real impact on the environment, and we hate bullsh*t.
- People-first: We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We are no-ego doers and we are all responsible for shaping the company.
- International team: We are an international team made up of various nationalities including American, English, French, Swiss, and hopefully many more soon!
- Fun: We constantly strive to cultivate a great work atmosphere and organize regular team events.
- Highly competitive salary packages
- Generous Employee Stock Ownership plans
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plans: 401(k) (if US based), pension, or other retirement savings plans.
- Ergonomic work stations & state-of-the-art equipment
- A 30-minute general interview to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- One or two 90-minute video call technical deepdive
- An in-person series of interviews and the opportunity to meet the entire team
- A series of reference calls with provided contacts
If you do not meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you would still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Diversity and Inclusion
We are looking for people of diverse backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, creativity, and fun!